Our Prenatal Care
Giving birth is a beautiful experience, when paired with prenatal education, empowerment, and holistic care. The concept of prenatal care addresses the challenges of preparing for birth, improves the experience for the mother, and ensures the baby’s health.
Exceptional prenatal care is essential for developing a healthy pregnancy, smooth labor, and safe birth. We focus on prenatal development through education, nutrition, exercise, and mental well-being throughout a series of visits during your pregnancy.
How long are the appointments?
Each of the prenatal visits lasts up to one hour. We provide ample time for questions, ensuring thorough answers to any concerns. Your satisfaction is always our top priority!
What happens in a prenatal appointment?
Each prenatal appointment includes education and clinical care components.
Clinical care includes:
- Taking your blood pressure, temperature, and pulse. Sometimes we may take your weight too
- Taking a brief history regarding your overall health and any recent symptoms that you might be experiencing recently
- Measurement of the fundal height
- Determination of baby’s position by palpation during the abdominal examination
- Listening to the fetal heart rate
Educational components include:
- Educating you about any symptoms that you will experience as the pregnancy progresses
- Tips regarding how you can manage these symptoms
- Results or options regarding tests/scans that you will need
How often will I be seen?
Our prenatal visit schedule is:
- We see you monthly until 28 weeks
- Then we begin seeing you every two weeks until 36 weeks
- And then weekly until delivery of your sweet baby
If you have any questions regarding our care or anything else regarding your pregnancy, we are happy to answer any questions!