As a birth center, we practice The Midwives Model of Care. The Midwives Model of Care™ is based on the fact that pregnancy and birth are normal life processes. It is a fundamentally different approach to pregnancy and childbirth than contemporary obstetrics. Midwifery care offers a hands-on approach to care before, during, and after birth. While there are different types of midwives practicing in various settings, we are focused on providing a nurturing, sensitive environment where you are truly heard and respected.
Building a strong relationship with each midwife facilitates trust, an important part of our care and the Midwives Model of Care. At its core, this model of care is centered around women, listening to women, and sharing knowledge and decision-making with women.
The Midwives Model of Care includes:
- Monitoring the physical, psychological, and social well-being of the mother throughout the childbearing cycle
- That includes having access to education and counseling as well as recommendations on nutrition, fitness, stress management, and more. In addition to physical monitoring, we review and assess how you are feeling during your progress.
- Providing the mother with individualized education, counseling, and prenatal care, continuous
- Appointments at birth centers are typically much longer than your average doctor visit. They range from 45 minutes to an hour or longer at the mother’s request.
- Minimizing technological interventions
- The Midwives Model of Care allows women to deliver their babies naturally and without unnecessary interventions. You can choose how you want your baby to be born in a place that is safely monitored for both mama and baby.
- Identifying and referring women who require obstetrical attention
- Your certified nurse midwives will go over your medical history and perform physical examinations to determine if the Midwifery Model of Care is right for you. If it isn’t a good fit, or if during your pregnancy something comes up, they are experienced in referring women to see the right people for them.
The application of this woman-centered model of care is a low-tech, high-caring model that produces excellent outcomes and has been proven to reduce the incidence of birth injury, trauma, and cesarean section. If this sounds like the natural type of maternal care and childbirth you’ve been searching for, schedule a tour with us today!
Leave A Comment