Chiropractic Care in Pregnancy
Pregnancy can be a trying time for your body with all the changes it goes through. These changes are important to accommodate the growth of a healthy baby and eventually assist healthy labor.
One of these changes includes the release of the hormone relaxin, which relaxes your pelvic joints and ligaments to help broaden your pelvis. However, sometimes this change can induce pain, which can be a nuisance to deal with.
To deal with this pain without the use of medicine, we turn people toward chiropractic care. Chiropractic care involves working on spine alignment, along with adjusting your muscles and misaligned joints.
Is It Safe?
Chiropractic care is usually considered safe during pregnancy. But as always, it’s best to get the go-ahead from your health provider before you begin. There are excellent chiropractors who actually specialize in working with pregnant women!
There are some conditions during which chiropractic care may not be a good idea. This can include any high-risk condition which calls for minimal movement by the mother. These could be:
- Vaginal bleeding
- Placenta previa
- High blood pressure
Overall, chiropractic care during pregnancy has shown to provide favorable results!
How Can It Help During Pregnancy?
Here is why you might want to opt for chiropractic care during pregnancy:
- It releases tension from your joints, alleviating the pain. It also helps improve the mobility and functionality of your pelvic region, which will not only help you move with ease but also ultimately assist you during your labor
- It may help reduce nausea
- In some cases, chiropractic care has been shown to reposition the baby from breech or other abnormal presentations, which may defer the need for a cesarean birth
- With improved joint alignment, chiropractic care also encourages better sleep in pregnant women
- It encourages the progression of short, uneventful labor
- Not only does chiropractic care help during your pregnancy, it also improves recovery during the postpartum period!
Chiropractic Care At Birth Center Stone Oak
We offer chiropractic care at our office location through Abundant Life Chiropractic. Appointments are available on a weekly basis.
Chiropractic care is provided by Angelina Artho D.C. With over 10 years of experience, Angelina loves to provide chiropractic care to naturally ease pain, especially to babies, children, and pregnant women.
1st Monday of the Month: 2 – 6 pm
Subsequent Wednesdays: 10:30 am – 12 pm
Appointments are available to our clients.
Please call 210-434-5772 for insurance questions, fees, and scheduling!
Leave A Comment