Did you know there are some old wives’ tales that are said to predict the gender of your baby? If it’s not yet time to find out the sex of your baby, or you’re keeping the gender a secret but want to play a fun game with family and friends, these tales might reveal the gender.
- If you are carrying high, you’re having a girl. If you’re carrying low, then it’s a boy.
- Do you have pregnancy acne? If so, an old wives’ tale claims girls will steal your beauty. If your skin is glowing and flawless, get ready for a boy.
- What is the baby’s heart rate? A slower heart rate (less than 140 bpm) means a boy, while a heart rate over 140 means it’s a girl.
- Have you noticed any significant cravings? If you’re craving sweet things, you’re having a girl. If you’re craving salty or sour foods, then it’s a boy.
- If you’ve been extra clumsy during your pregnancy, it’s a boy. If you’re more graceful, expect a baby girl.
- Are your legs or ankles swollen? The tale predicts it’s a boy.
- What’s the shape of your bump? If you’re carrying all of your baby weight out front and it looks like a basketball, it’s a boy. If you’re carrying your pregnancy weight all over, it’s a girl.
- Are you moody or mellow? If you’re feeling a little more moody than you usually are, it’s a girl. If you’re more relaxed and mellow, you’re expecting a boy.
- Are your feet feeling cold now that you are pregnant? If so, you might be expecting a boy. If your feet are as warm as ever, you might be carrying a girl.
- If your hair becomes thick, full, and glossy, you’re carrying a boy. If your hair is dull, limp, and hasn’t gotten any thicker, it’s a girl.
So, based on these old wives’ tales, do you think you’re having a boy or a girl? As you await the arrival of your little one, learn more about midwife services, water births, and prenatal yoga classes in San Antonio at Birth Center Stone Oak. Contact us today for a tour.
Leave A Comment